Friday, September 18, 2009

i don't know what i'm doing...

i don't know what i'm doing. i'm not sure what a blog is exactly. maybe i talk about my kids -- all the whacked out things they do and how they make me laugh? and how they make me not laugh too? but i think that maybe this blog is for me. so i don't go insane. mommyhood can be kinda rough. mostly because i'm not who i thought i would be. or who i aspire to be. but luckily, my children are very forgiving... i don't have any advice (today). i'm undeniably very imperfect.

i am the mom that never sends the 2nd set of clothes. i get the calls for the emergency contact forms i never turned in. i forget to pay for the bus that takes the kids to enrichment and no matter how i beg, i end up having to drive the first day. i forget to send an apple on apple day. i forget to put my mother-in-law on the "pick up" list at camp and she's almost arrested for trying to get my kid in the carpool line. i forget to send gym shoes on gym day. i forget meetings. i lose library books. and CD's. i can never find my reciepts. i forget to brush my teeth. and theirs. i forget to wash my dogs. as i'm typing this, i'm reminded i have an overdue comcast bill. and last night when i jokingly said i was going to kill my husband, he said, "you can't! you haven't paid my life insurance bill this month." and you know what? he's right.

i'm just a mom who tries to see the humor in some mishaps and moments with my kids. and in life. like, when i'm playing "madlibs" with my almost 8 year old son, and he asks me for a body part, maybe i don't answer, "boobies!" or maybe i do...

No comments:

Post a Comment