Friday, October 9, 2009

short and sweet for now with more to come...

i'm here. this is real. and this morning we met our little girl. it was surreal. they called families upstairs one at a time to meet their children. i was doing the ugly cry and they filmed the whole thing. her eyes are the biggest eyes i've ever seen. at first she just looked and looked at us. and we looked and looked at her. but when i crouched down, opened my arms and said, "nay" - "come here" in amaharic - she came right to me in her pink sparkley shoes and i hugged her. and with that, we became a forever family.

6 comments:

  1. awesome. mazel tov. i can't wait to hear and see more. big hugs and kisses. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel tov! I teared up reading your latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mazel Tov! Can't wait to meet her!
    (Whenever you're settled of course. Thanks for posting).
    xxxoooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, that is the sweetest vision. makes me tear up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am filled with tears of joy.I can not wait to meet her! Mazel Tov. My thoughts are with you all. lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you & your family! This is all so emotional! Congrats & have a safe trip home. ~ Marion

    ReplyDelete